What is an XML/data feed?
- A feed is a means to publish frequently updated data in a consistent data format. Typically, a software developer or data feed partner will create a feed for you.
What data/XML feeds are supported by Homeadverts?
- We work with a variety of data partners and our constantly extending our list, please contact us directly for further information to see if your feed is already by our system. As well as accepting feeds from already established partners, we are also working on our own specification should you wish to build a custom feed to match our requirements. Details to be made available as soon as possible.
How often is my information updated?
- Data is synchronised every 24 hours as a minimum.
Are there any restrictions on listing types you accept?
- Yes. We do not accept feeds that contain For Sale By Owner, For Rent By Owner, Auction or Time Share.
Can you scrape data directly from my website?
- No. We have experienced numerous issues with scraping in the past which has resulted in missing/erroneous data. Data feeds provide Homeadverts with a consistent and guaranteed format which ensures listings are posted with high-quality, accurate data.
I don’t have a feed, how can I get one?
- We would recommend using the services of a professional software company to create your data feed.
Can I upload listings manually?
- Yes. However you must ensure that you regularly maintain your portfolio yourself and delete/update listings whenever applicable.
When will my listings go live?
- We will run the import into your Homeadverts account and carry out necessary quality control to ensure that the data is complete. Once approved, you will be prompted to enter your subscription payment details so that listings can be activated.
Does Homeadverts charge me for importing?
- No. We won’t charge you for the importing or testing and any support required during this process and you will only start to pay your subscription fee once listings have been approved.
What information is displayed on my listings?
- Any information provided within the feed will appear on Homeadverts. For example, sales or rental price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, home description, unlimited photos and videos, your contact information, etc.
Is there a limit on how many listings I can include in a feed?
- No. There is no limit on how many listings you can supply in a feed.
Is there a minimum/maximum photo requirement?
- There is no upper restriction on the number of photos and videos associated to each individual listing however we do require at least one photo per listing and any listings without will not be activated. We encourage you to include as many photos as possible to attract more page views and clients.
How long does it take to process my import?
- We aim to process all new imports within a maximum time frame of 7 working days. Once all quality checks have been carried out and listings are approved, they will be deemed acceptable for activation. Please note, this process could take longer during times when there are a lot of feeds queued for import.
What contact information is provided on my listings?
- Contact information for each listing is provided at source within the feed. The contact information that is displayed on Homeadverts (e.g. email address, phone, address, website) comes directly from the feed you provide and cannot be overridden.
Can I edit imported listings?
- No. Imported listings cannot be edited on Homeadverts. Edits to the information should be made at the source of the feed since changes made on Homeadverts directly would get overridden with the feed's data upon synchronisation every 12/24 hours.
What happens when I delete a property from my feed?
- When you remove a home from your feed, the listing will be removed from Homeadverts the next time we synchronise your feed which is within 24 hours.
How are my listings assigned to my profile?
- Listings are matched to a Homeadverts profile via the email address. When the email address on the listing matches the email address on the profile, the system knows to tie the two together and allow for editing and reporting privileges. If there appears to be discrepancies on what we are displaying on your Homeadverts portfolio compared to your original data, please contact us with via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible.
Are my listings shared with other publishers/listing companies?
- No. Homeadverts takes your privacy seriously and therefore does not share or distribute any listing content or personal account information with any other publishing services, third parties, property portals or otherwise.
For further technical support or import information, please contact us at email@example.com